WE ARE BOOKING QUICK FOR GLEANING FRUIT TREES, ORCHARDS AND FIELDS. PLEASE SCHEDULE AT LEAST 2 WEEKS IN ADVANCE OF FRUIT RIPENING AND NEED FOR HARVEST. THANK YOU!
Thanks for visiting!
Our mission in the
to help people help themselves to meet the needs of their households by
- To provide food, aid and other assistance to the low-income, disabled, children and elderly in the Tualatin Valley, Oregon area.
Tualatin Valley Gleaners is a supplemental food program serving the greater Washington County Area, made up of low-income members of the community working together in collaboration to promote food security for all. The TVG incorporated in 2005 and began their mission of providing a stable way for families in need to access quality nutritious foods on a weekly basis.
- Our clients gain more than just food by attending the gleaners each week. We focus on dignity and compassion for others in need. By offering a variety of information and services, we are hoping to provide the members with stability in their lives.
- We provide with collaboration of our great community:
- Gleaning experiences,
- Food Support for low-income individuals
- Gardening education at the Giving Gardens - Beaverton Oregon
- Cooking and Food Preservation Classes
through nature - Farm2Forest, Tree Harvesting
- SNAP and Health Insurance information/referral
- Advocacy skills to promote independence
- Holiday Program for budget success