Thanks for visiting!
Our mission in the
to help people help themselves to meet the needs of their households by
- To provide food, aid and other assistance to the low-income, disabled, children and elderly in the Tualatin Valley, Oregon area.
Tualatin Valley Gleaners is a supplemental food program serving the greater Washington County Area, made up of low-income members of the community working together in collaboration to promote food security for all. The TVG incorporated in 2005 and began their mission of providing a stable way for families in need to access quality nutritious foods on a weekly basis.
- Our clients gain more than just food by attending the gleaners each week. We focus on dignity and compassion for others in need. By offering a variety of information and services, we are hoping to provide the members with stability in their lives.
- We provide with collaboration of our great community:
- Gleaning experiences,
- Food Support for low-income individuals
- Gardening education at the Giving Gardens - Beaverton Oregon
- Cooking and Food Preservation Classes
through nature - Farm2Forest, Tree Harvesting
- SNAP and Health Insurance information/referral
- Advocacy skills to promote independence
- Holiday Program for budget success